Key highlights for Y&R and VML this year include:
- The global network won in 36 offices, 26 countries and across 20 categories.
- Several firsts for the network: DY&R Tokyo was awarded the first Glass Lion for Tokyo and for Y&R, for Recruit Lifestyle Seem “The Family Way.” The campaign also won a Grand Prix, Gold and Silver. VML won the network’s first Entertainment Lion for Absolut Vodka “One Source.” Advantage Y&R in Namibia brought home the country’s first shortlist for Greenpeace “Trash Masks.”
- Y&R Madrid was the most awarded agency in its market.
- Y&R and VML were awarded 14 Lions in Africa, and won more Mobile Lions than any other agency on the continent.
- Y&R New Zealand’s “McWhopper,” one of last year’s most awarded campaigns, returned to Cannes this year to earn a Gold Creative Effectiveness Lion.
- VML won 17 Lions in North America, including Wendy’s viral “#NuggsforCarter” and “Twitter Beef.”
- Y&R Dubai and Y&R’s New Moments in Belgrade collaborated on “One Book,” for the Interreligious Council in Bosnia and Herzogovina. Researched by Christian and Muslim theologians, the campaign brings together similar passages from the Bible and the Quran to show that our common beliefs unify us more than our differences. It won an extraordinary five Lions, including a Gold for Design.
“We are very pleased that, for the fifth year in a row, we have had a strong performance at Cannes, multiple firsts including a Glass Lion, another Grand Prix and great work created for so many major brands both global and local. This year, almost every one of our offices submitted work to Cannes — which we think is not simply a testament to the great creativity that is flourishing in all our offices around the world, but also a reflection of the great support we have from clients to courageously create work that continues to meet the standard our founder set to Resist the Usual,” said Tony Granger, Y&R Global Chief Creative Officer.
David Sable, Global CEO of Y&R said, “I am once again proud of our network and thrilled to see that 26 countries contributed to our standing among the top global networks. Y&R has long believed that a global network’s strength comes from its deep roots in its markets matched by a vision and mission that is shared globally and supported by the common tools, resources and technology around the world. It is this dual-pronged strategy that helps us deliver work that is not only recognized for its creativity but also for its effectiveness. Strong performances at Cannes and Effies in 2017 give our clients the best of both worlds.”
Y&R is one of the leading and most iconic global marketing communications companies. We operate as a Global Boutique, connecting deep insights from local business needs and consumers with strategies and objectives that travel across borders. Y&R Inspire Change is the agency’s global social impact practice geared towards both nonprofit organizations and brands incorporating social purpose strategies. United by a global infrastructure and common tools and technology, all our clients have access to people and resources from everywhere in our network.
Y&R has 189 offices in 93 countries around the world, with clients that include Bel Brands, Campbell’s Soup Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Danone, Dell, Telefonica and Xerox, among many others. Y&R is part of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/yr-network-is-recognized-with-98-lions-across-26-countries-and-20-categories-300479266.html