MINNEAPOLIS, May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Trusted Coaches, the educational division of the Minnesota Youth Athletic Services, is proud to present the 2017 Minnesota Youth Football Summit. The Summit will be held Saturday, June 24, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and will include a free U.S. Bank Stadium tour. Anthony LaPanta of Fox Sports North will emcee the event. This event is free to the youth football community, thanks to the generous support of the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee’s Legacy Fund and the Minnesota Vikings.
The Summit is designed to bring the youth football community together to examine the challenges and identify innovative solutions to make the game more enjoyable for children while enhancing safety. Sessions will feature:
- Keynote Presenters Joe Erhmann (Former Pro-Bowl defensive lineman with the Baltimore Colts and Detroit Lions; named the “The Most Important Coach in America” by Parade Magazine) and Jody Redman (Executive Director and Co-Founder of InsideOut Initiative, and Associate Director, Minnesota State High School League). Joe and Jody have developed the InsideOut Initiative (https://insideoutinitiative.org/) sports education system based on Joe’s book InsideOut Coaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives. InsideOut is funded by the NFL Foundation to educate school coaches on how to reclaim the transformative power of sports. The program is currently active in seven NFL markets: Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Houston, and has trained thousands of coaches. The program plans on moving into other NFL markets and reaching out to the youth sports community.
- Dr. Uzma Samadani, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota, who is the leader of the nation’s largest youth concussion study.
- Trusted Coaches and USA Football will explain the combining of their online membership and certification programs onto a single risk management platform that features a convenient dashboard for youth sports administrators.
- A USA Football Master Trainer will demonstrate the shoulder tackling technique and talk about USA Football resources that are available for administrators, coaches, and parents.
- A panel of esteemed high school coaches and a separate panel of youth sports leaders will discuss youth football problems and solutions that enhance the great game of football. Both these panels will be moderated by Kevin Merkle, Associate Director of the Minnesota State High School League. The panels will include former Vikings, Dr. Leo Lewis III and Brooks Bollinger.
Seating is limited and online registration is required at www.myas.org/football.
Trusted Coaches (www.trustedcoaches.org) is the education division of Minnesota Youth Athletic Services (MYAS). Trusted Coaches is the most comprehensive, time-efficient and cost-effective coach training, screening and education program that emphasizes child development, safety and easier administration. The program, which is delivered exclusively online (promoting 100% compliance), was created by the MYAS (www.myas.org) because of its extensive experience with youth sports programs and interaction with tens of thousands of coaches since 1991. Trusted Coaches understand the difficult challenge of selecting, training, supporting and inspiring youth coaches. More than 11,000 coaches are currently utilizing Trusted Coaches and its platform.
Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee Legacy Fund is a 501(c)3, community advised fund of the Minnesota Community Foundation. Working in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health’s Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP) and based on the recommendations of SHIP’s community health boards, the Legacy Fund is providing 52 grants to 52 community projects across our state over the 52 weeks leading up to Super Bowl LII. The work of the Legacy Fund is made possible by Minnesota’s philanthropic community, including foundations, corporations, and individual donors who share our passion for improving the health and wellness of kids from every corner of our state. Its goal is to build awareness of, and invest in solutions for, a healthier generation of Minnesota kids across the state. Through its grant making and awareness initiatives, the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee’s Legacy Fund will leverage this single event into a lifetime of good health for the next generation of Minnesotans. For more information on the MNSBHC’s Legacy Fund, including an introductory video, please visit www.mnsuperbowl.com/legacy.
The mission of Minnesota Vikings Youth Football (MVYF) is to increase awareness surrounding player health and safety in the great game of football. We also strive to spread the message of Vikings Football to greater Minnesota youth football programs and give opportunities to communities that are not as often impacted by Vikings Initiatives.
While continuing to support the Twin Cities area, we will create and administer new events and programs that focus on introducing football moms and women of Minnesota not just to football basics, but also to the many facets of the game. The goal of MVYF is to become a grassroots resource for football coaches, players, and parents to help continue making football an exciting yet safer sport.
Dawson Blanck | Trusted Coaches Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 763-781-2220
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trusted-coaches-announces-the-minnesota-youth-football-summit-300460324.html
SOURCE Trusted Coaches