Hiring Plans and Challenges
According to the report, 17 percent of St. Louis CIOs plan to bring on more IT talent during the next six months, up four points from the previous report in December. An additional 60 percent expect to maintain staff levels by filling vacant roles. An active hiring environment is contributing to a competitive market for IT talent: 60 percent of St. Louis hiring leaders say that it’s somewhat or very challenging to find skilled IT professionals in today’s market.
Factors Leading to Tech Hiring in St. Louis
When asked what factors are most contributing to local hiring, nearly one-third (31 percent) of respondents said that more businesses are moving to the area and creating jobs in technology. Other factors impacting tech hiring in St. Louis include:
- Increased digital marketing initiatives (26 percent)
- Increased big data initiatives (24 percent)
- Increased mobile initiatives (19 percent)
Skills in Demand
According to respondents, the skills in greatest demand within their organizations include:
- Desktop support (52 percent)
- Wireless network management (48 percent)
- Cybersecurity (48 percent)
- Database management (47 percent)
- Network administration (47 percent)
When asked to name their top priority for the next six months, 31 percent of St. Louis CIOs said they will be focused on upgrading existing systems for business efficiency. Other priorities will include:
- Maintaining security of IT systems and safeguarding company information (26 percent)
- Staff retention (17 percent)
- Innovation and helping to grow their businesses (14 percent)
- Technology innovation and investing in new technologies (12 percent)
About Robert Half Technology
With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals for initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems integration to network security and technical support. Robert Half Technology offers online job search services at roberthalf.com/technology. Visitors can also request a copy of the Robert Half Technology 2017 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions.
The survey was developed by Robert Half Technology and conducted by an independent research firm. To ensure that companies from all segments were represented in the study, the sample was stratified by number of employees. Robert Half Technology has been tracking IT hiring activity in the United States since 1995.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/st-louis-cios-reveal-increased-hiring-for-second-half-of-2017-300477830.html
SOURCE Robert Half Technology