WESTFORD, Mass., May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
- Sonus’ entire product portfolio can be deployed in cloud environments.
- Sonus enhances session aware routing in its PSX, making it easier for customers to intelligently route sessions based on the attributes and routing cost of the session.
- Enriched metrics and analytics for Sonus NetScore give customers a more granular view of network traffic.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, announced today that its latest Policy and Management release is now generally available. With this solution release, Sonus provides a consolidated framework for management, session control, billing mediation, and analytics functions across legacy and next-generation communication networks. Key updates include:
- Cloud: Customers can now deploy the Sonus DataStream Integrator (DSI) and NetScore products in OpenStack-based cloud environments. These two products complement the existing cloud-native portfolio inclusive of the Sonus Session Border Controller (SBC), PSX Centralized Policy and Routing Engine (PSX), Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) and Element Management System (EMS).
- Intelligent Session Control: This release enables customers to use the Sonus PSX to intelligently route traffic based on the attributes of the session. For instance, customers can route audio-only calls differently from bandwidth-heavy video calls, providing greater network and cost control.
- Network Analytics: With this release, customer insight into network capacity, bandwidth utilization and traffic patterns has been improved. Sonus NetScore has access to new peak traffic statistics in the GSX and provides new analytics for average and peak trunk utilization, and trunk group bandwidth utilization. This helps customers plan capacity extensions accordingly.
- Gateway: With ongoing investments in the Sonus GSX, customers can now optimize media path for SIP-SIP backhaul, allowing these customers to lower network costs by freeing up media ports on the intermediate gateway.
“As customers move to the cloud, Sonus is advancing these customers’ migration with OpenStack support for the DSI and NetScore products,” said Ram Ramanathan, director, Product Management, Sonus. “But just as important, this solution release provides customers with key enhancements to our Policy and Management portfolio, demonstrating our commitment to help customers move from legacy to next-generation networks. Customers can trust that Sonus’ full portfolio of hardware, virtual and cloud-native solutions will allow them to complete their network transformation seamlessly.”
- Read more about the Sonus Policy, Network Management and GSX products.
- Learn more about intelligent session control for the enterprise.
- Find out how a Fortune 50 Bank incorporates Sonus NetScore to deliver deeper insight into network performance, track trunk groups, and reduce network costs.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-enriches-session-control-and-analytics-functions-to-enable-seamless-network-transformation-and-optimization-for-customers-300461432.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.