By offering Commercial-off-the-Shelf Software (COTS) and related services from a Software VAR, you can obtain more favorable pricing than is obtainable by an individual state or local government entity because of the collective volume of potential purchases by numerous state and local government entities.
Arizona Software VAR Contracting Lead, Terri Johnson, explains, “This portfolio of contracts was created with the help and collaboration of many different state CIOs and CPOs and organizations. It is designed to help states procure the software licensing that they want with the quality and value that they need.”
Benefits of these agreements include:
- Multiple awarded contractors give participating entities more options
- Software VAR services include the full range of Service Models:
- Licensing options for COTS and Enterprise Licensing
- Delivery or Download options
- Basic Installation, Training and Maintenance services
- Ceiling pricing allows entities the ability to negotiate better pricing for volume purchases, or special circumstances like standardization
- Each contractor has established an online catalog with the ability to obtain quotes, order, and view business intelligence reports
About NASPO ValuePoint
NASPO ValuePoint is a unified, nationally focused cooperative aggregating the demand of all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the organized US territories, their political subdivisions and other eligible entities spurring best value, innovation and competition in the marketplace. The NASPO ValuePoint Cooperative Purchasing Organization (formerly WSCA-NASPO) provides the highest standard of excellence in public cooperative contracting. By leveraging the leadership and expertise of all states with the purchasing power of their public entities, NASPO ValuePoint delivers best value, reliable, competitively sourced contracts. Since 1993 NASPO ValuePoint has been the cooperative purchasing arm of NASPO (the National Association of State Procurement Officials) encouraging, fostering and guiding the nation’s most significant public contract cooperative.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/software-var-contract-development-in-naspo-valuepoint-300473437.html
SOURCE NASPO ValuePoint