Touching on topics including safety & security, diversity and inclusion on campus, student retention, fostering resiliency and the importance of student living, university presidents from across the nation and beyond explore new ways to improve students’ quality of life through innovation and forward thinking. The series’ 2016-2017 authors include
- MaryAnn Baenninger Ph.D., Drew University
- José Antonio Bowen Ph.D., FRSA, Goucher College
- Ángel Cabrera Ph.D., George Mason University
- Javier Cevallos Ph.D., Framingham State University
- E. Gordon Gee Ed.D., West Virginia University
- Walter M. Kimbrough, Ph.D., Dillard University
- Deborah P. Moore, School Planning & Management (SP&M) and College Planning & Management (CP&M) magazines
- Shannon O’Connor, College Planning & Management magazine
- Santa J Ono Ph.D., University of British Columbia
- Fred P. Pestello Ph.D., Saint Louis University
- Paul C. Pribbenow Ph.D., Augsburg College
- Edward Ray Ph.D., Oregon State University
Highlighting both obstacles and achievements in academia, the authors of the first edition of Sodexo’s President to President series pool their learnings to devise new approaches to enhance the student experience through student living and campus housing initiatives. The downloadable version of the 2016-2017 edition of the series can be found on president2president.com.
“We are grateful to our contributors for the 2016-2017 President to President series, and to Sodexo for publishing this first edition. We look forward to the upcoming influential articles written by presidents for presidents on a variety of important campus topics. We especially thank our readers who sustain the series with their interest and perspective, and invite them to enjoy the forthcoming edition,” said editors Dr. Scott D. Miller, President, Virginia Wesleyan University and Dr. Marylouise Fennell, Senior Counsel, Council of Independent Colleges.
The 2017-2018 edition of the President to President series will be titled “Disruptive Innovation and How it can Transform a Campus Environment.”
Sodexo USA is an American business that is part of a global, Fortune 500 company with a presence in 80 countries. Delivering more than 100 services across North America that enhance organizational performance, contribute to local communities and improve quality of life, Sodexo is a leading provider of sustainable, integrated facilities management and food service operations. It employs 123,000 Americans at 12,500 sites across the country and indirectly supports tens of thousands of additional U.S. jobs through its annual purchases of $9.2 billion in goods and services from small to large American businesses. In support of local communities across the U.S., the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation has contributed close to $30 million over the past 20 years to help feed children in America impacted by hunger.
Learn more about Sodexo at its corporate blog, Sodexo Insights.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sodexo-concludes-the-2016-2017-edition-of-the-president-to-president-series-with-downloadable-collection-300479046.html