These companies are determined to continue promoting Japanese magazines overseas, mainly in Asia, as part of a “project of having magazines travel around the world.”
- The content of about 57 Japanese magazines is being distributed online.
- Main participating magazines: non-no, MEN’S NON-NO, Fujingaho, dancyu, Weekly Toyo Keizai, Diamond Weekly, etc.
- Distribution of content in traditional Chinese initially undertaken by four magazines (non-no, MEN’S NON-NO, Fujingaho, MEN’S CLUB)
- Key managing companies: Shueisha Inc., Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd., Dentsu Inc. and Fujisan Magazine Service Co., Ltd.
- Cooperative companies: Kono Digital Inc.
- Website: https://www.thekono.com/
- Fee: US$4.99(monthly)
Shueisha is one of Japan’s largest publishing houses. Hearst Fujingaho is a member of Hearst, one of the largest diversified media, information and service companies in the United States, and publishes mainly fashion and lifestyle magazines in Japan. Dentsu is the world’s largest advertising agency. Fujisan Magazine Service operates Fujisan.co.jp, one of Japan’s largest online magazine stores.
Project of having magazines travel around the world
Dentsu and Fujisan Magazine Service have jointly launched a variety of business projects to help publishing companies increase their profits from their magazine content, including this project. The online distribution of Japanese magazine content in Taiwan is part of the project.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shueisha-hearst-fujingaho-and-other-publishers-begin-online-distribution-of-magazine-content-in-chinese-speaking-areas-300472768.html
SOURCE Shueisha Inc.; Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd.; Fujisan Magazine Service Co. Ltd.