“This latest innovation, combined with our efforts in conversion efficiency, are living examples of Panasonic’s relentless drive to provide customers with the very best in residential solar technology,” said Mukesh Sethi, Group Manager, Solar Division, Panasonic Eco-Solutions North America. “The Panasonic HIT® is proven to offer the very best value to consumers in the residential solar market, and this latest development will be a massive help in locations where extreme heat is a factor for consumers.”
The combination of the high conversion efficiency with the new temperature characteristics, will increase the conversion efficiency at 75°C by 46%5 in comparison to standard silicon products. When most solar panels are struggling with the increased temperatures during the summer months, Panasonic HIT® modules reliably generate power and limit efficiency losses in the heat. Not only that, Panasonic modules come with a 25 year warranty vs the industry standard of 10 year warranty, and guarantees output of 90.76% at the end of the 25th year, which in itself is industry’s best performance guarantee coming from a 100-year-old world leading electronics company.
Panasonic will continue to work on technology development and mass commercialization with the aim of achieving higher power generation, and improvements in efficiency and reliability. HIT® is a registered trademark of the Panasonic Group.
- According to research by Panasonic as of May 18, 2017, for non-concentrating silicon photovoltaic modules
- Mean value obtained by a third-party measurement institution based on measured values (in compliance with IEC 61853-1)
- Technology for junction formation required for solar cells that covers the crystalline silicon base surface with an amorphous silicon layer. This technology has the key feature of superior passivation to compensate for the many flaws around the silicon base surface area.
- Cited from “Reference value: (1) Crystalline silicon solar cells” defined in the Japan Photovoltaic Energy Association’s Indication Guidelines (FY2017)
- Calculated based on a conversion efficiency of 15.6% (output temperature coefficient of -0.50%/°C) for general silicon solar cells and a conversion efficiency of 19.6% (output temperature coefficient of -0.258/°C) for HIT®
About Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Eco Solutions North America is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company provides a full range of energy-efficient building solutions, assembly tools, construction tools, heating & air conditioning, lighting controls and ventilation products for professional and industrial use. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine’s 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations: https://panasonicmovesus.com/blog
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/panasonic-hit-solar-module-achieves-worlds-leading-output-temperature-coefficient1-at–0258c-300478208.html
SOURCE Panasonic Corporation of North America