“I’m so proud of our 75,000 employees, who are really leading the charge in CSR,” said Jim Murren, Chairman & CEO of MGM Resorts International. “They are the ones who volunteer their time to support our communities by feeding the hungry, cleaning up neighborhood blight, reading to school children, mentoring at-risk students, and much more. They help us to continuously integrate CSR best practices at all levels of our company’s operations. We firmly believe that our CSR initiatives make us both a better company and a better corporate citizen, as we endeavor to help build better communities.”
A few highlights of 2016:
Diversity & Inclusion
- As of December 31 minorities comprised nearly 69 percent of the company’s domestic workforce. Forty-four percent of employees in the management ranks were women, while 43 percent of managers were minorities.
- Since the creation of its Supplier and Construction Diversity departments in 2001, the company has spent cumulatively more than $4 billion with minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned and disadvantaged enterprises, as well as businesses owned by persons with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) individuals.
- MGM Resorts earned top accolades for its diversity best practices according to leading benchmarks set by DiversityInc Magazine, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation and Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.
Philanthropy & Community Engagement
- A record number of the company’s domestic employees – 68.7 percent – pledged contributions to the nonprofit MGM Resorts International Foundation for disbursement to support 1,400 nonprofit agencies.
- Employees at MGM Resorts companies – in Nevada, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan and Mississippi – volunteered 102,902 service hours, providing nonprofit organizations with the equivalent of $2.4 million in labor.
- For the second year, Points of Light named MGM Resorts to The Civic 50 list – a distinction recognizing the 50 most community-minded companies in America.
- The company completed expansion of the solar photovoltaic (PV) array on the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. At 8.3 megawatts, it covers 28 acres and is among the largest contiguous rooftop arrays in America. The expanded array supplies 26% of the resort’s electricity during peak production.
- The company replaced 960,178 light bulbs across its properties, retrofitting them with energy-efficient LED bulbs. This project is part of the company’s commitment to the Department of Energy’s Better Business Challenge.
- The company’s green construction earned LEED Gold certification for T-Mobile Arena and The Park in Las Vegas, and the company’s newest resort, MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
For more information about MGM Resorts International’s corporate social responsibility journey, please visit: www.mgmresorts.com/csr.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world’s leading global hospitality companies, operating a portfolio of destination resort brands including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company opened MGM National Harbor in Maryland on December 8, 2016, and is in the process of developing MGM Springfield in Massachusetts. MGM Resorts controls and holds a 76 percent economic interest in the operating partnership of MGM Growth Properties LLC (NYSE: MGP), a premier triple-net lease real estate investment trust engaged in the acquisition, ownership and leasing of large-scale destination entertainment and leisure resorts. The Company also owns 56 percent of MGM China Holdings Limited (SEHK: 2282), which owns MGM MACAU and is developing MGM COTAI, and 50 percent of CityCenter in Las Vegas, which features ARIA Resort & Casino. MGM Resorts is named among FORTUNE® Magazine’s 2016 list of World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company’s website at www.mgmresorts.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mgm-resorts-international-issues-2016-annual-corporate-social-responsibility-report-300472526.html
SOURCE MGM Resorts International