CANNES, France, June 26, 2017 — McCann Worldgroup won the most top awards given to agencies at this year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, which included winning six Grand Prix and being recognized as Cannes Lions “Healthcare Network of the Year.” The total Lions wins represented multiple McCann Worldgroup disciplines and agencies from 24 countries on six continents for key McCann Worldgroup clients, including Chevrolet, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Reckitt Benckiser, Nestle, State Street Global Advisors, The US Army, Cigna, and GSK.
McCann Worldgroup’s performance in Cannes included:
- 115 Lions (6 Grand Prix, 22 Gold, 34 Silver, 53 Bronze and 165 shortlists)
- Named Cannes Lions Healthcare Network of the Year for the 2nd straight year
- Recognized as most awarded agency in North America.
- Additionally, McCann Worldgroup agencies in New York and Mumbai were two out of only four agencies to receive an ACT Responsible Cannes Tribute 2017 in recognition of their outstanding work supporting good causes.
Rob Reilly, McCann Worldgroup’s Global Creative Chairman, said, “No agency can do bold creative work without the partnership and support of brave clients who really want to connect meaningfully with their customers. Our awards won this year are a tribute to them as well as to the incredible creative, strategic and account talent we have around the world.”
McCann Worldgroup’s six Grand Prix at this year’s Cannes Lions Festival included:
- McCann New York won four Grand Prix in Titanium, Outdoor, PR, and Glass. The Titanium Grand Prix, most notably, celebrates “game-changers” whose work “breaks new ground in branded communications with provocative, boundary-busting, envy-inspiring work.”
- MRM//McCann Spain won a Grand Prix in the Lions Entertainment category.
- McCann Worldgroup India won the Grand Prix for Good for their “Immunity Charm” campaign to help increase childhood vaccination rates in Afghanistan.
Harris Diamond, McCann Worldgroup’s Chairman and CEO, said, “Under Rob Reilly’s leadership, our creative teams around the world delivered breakthrough creative work that was deservedly recognized across a wide spectrum of categories. We are particularly proud of winning the Glass, Titanium and Grand Prix for Good along with the ACT Responsible Tribute.”
The results at the Cannes Lions Festival, where McCann won more Lions than in any previous year, are the latest of many top global creative honors won by McCann this year. At the 2017 Effie Awards, McCann New York was honored as the most effective agency office in North America and McCann Worldgroup was named the No. 2 most effective regional network. McCann New York was named “Agency of the Year” at The One Club’s The One Show. McCann was honored across the board with Digital Agency of the Year, Agency of the Year, and Network of the Year distinctions at the ADC 96th Annual Awards. Also this year, the agency won both Network of the Year and Agency of the Year at the International ANDY Awards, in addition to taking the Best in Show GRANDY award. In 2016, McCann was ranked by The Gunn Report as the world’s second most creatively awarded network overall in advertising and specifically in digital as well.
About McCann Worldgroup
McCann Worldgroup, part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), is a leading global marketing services company with 24,000 employees in more than 100 countries, comprising McCann (advertising), MRM//McCann (digital marketing/relationship management), Momentum Worldwide (total brand experience), McCann Health (professional/dtc communications), CRAFT (global adaptation and production), UM (media management), Weber Shandwick (public relations), FutureBrand (consulting/design), ChaseDesign (shopper marketing) and PMK-BNC.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mccann-worldgroup-wins-most-top-cannes-awards-300479355.html
SOURCE McCann Worldgroup