HANGZHOU, China, Jun 13, 2017 — On the morning of June 10, 2017, the Public Relations Association of Hangzhou held the Fourth Meeting of the Second Session of the Board of Directors in the city’s Chun’an County, during which the association announced the 10 leading public relation events that took place in the city during 2016.
The Public Relations Association of Hangzhou brought together experts in the field of public relations from the Jiliang University’s Institute for Public Relations, Zhejiang University of Technology and Zhejiang University City College, as well as public relation professionals as judges to select the 10 leading public relations events in Hangzhou for 2016, based on key public relation indicators including contribution to the greater social good, the level of public engagement as well as the level of social influence in combination with a survey that sampled public opinion. The results:
- The successful holding of the G20 – this can be considered as a full demonstration of the city’s unique charms and an integration of history with the present realities of the world while vastly raising the awareness of Hangzhou worldwide.
- Hangzhou was selected as one of the top 100 international conference destinations and one of the top 52 most deserving tourism destinations worldwide.
- Hangzhou became one of the world’s first UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities and the first such city in China.
- The inaugural World Industrial Design Conference was successfully held in the city’s Liangzhu Town, with the conference organizers deciding to make Hangzhou the permanent location for this conference.
- Hangzhou received the top ranking in China’s “Internet+” social service overall index list, evidencing the city’s leading position across the country in terms of smart urban public services.
- The term “prehistoric powers” expressed by Hangzhou-born athlete Fu Yuanhui at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games attracted positive responses from internet users across the globe.
- Hangzhou was the only city to rank among the top 10 happiest cities for 10 consecutive years.
- The 1954 Constitution History Exhibition Hall, the first constitution-themed hall in China, was opened in Hangzhou.
- The 7th West Lake Public Relations Forum was successfully held, bringing Hangzhou’s public relations sector to the international stage.
- Hangzhou appeared in the concert on the eve of Super Bowl 50, the city’s first mention at a Super Bowl event, raising awareness of the city across the US through a series of public relations campaigns.