Foscam routinely engages with network professionals around the world to perform security testing on their cameras. They also provide 24/7 technical support and 2-year replacement warranties, in addition to firmware updates.
Consumers concerned about safeguarding their privacy and securing their IP cameras can follow these simple tips to prevent unauthorized access.
Foscam’s Top Five Security Tips
1) Passwords Protect: Change the username and password. Passwords should be at least 8–10 characters or longer. Use a combination of lower and upper-case letters, numbers and special characters. (Foscam requires users to update their credentials before using the camera.)
2) Firmware Flash: Pay attention to new firmware updates to protect against unauthorized access and security risks. Consumers can download Foscam’s latest firmware here.
3) Perfect Placement: Place cameras up high with a clear view of the surveillance area.
4) Reliable Storage: In the event a camera is damaged or stolen have all backup footage stored on a local computer, NAS drive, SD card or cloud service. Learn more about Foscam cloud services here.
5) Router Check: Always verify your privacy settings on the wifi enabled router or access point and ensure they have strong passwords.
“We urge all consumers to take these easy actionable steps and secure their IP cameras,” states Rhymes. To learn more about Foscam’s camera security see detailed Security Audit.
About Foscam Inc.
Foscam Inc. helps consumers secure and share their world from any place at any time. An innovative designer, developer, and manufacturer of IP surveillance products, Foscam has sold millions of security and surveillance products in more than 60 countries with operations around the world for over 10 years. Foscam is committed to providing consumers the safest, most affordably priced wireless security cameras, equipment and solutions on the market today.
Foscam.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/foscam-releases-firmware-update-and-offers-top-5-security-tips-for-consumers-using-ip-cameras-300478047.html
SOURCE Foscam Inc.