GREENFIELD, Ind., June 12, 2017 — Elanco Animal Health, a division of Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY), today released its inaugural global Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Impact Report demonstrating its commitment to impact food security and the support of the human-animal bond.
“Elanco’s vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life isn’t just a phrase that lives on a plaque, it lives in the hearts and minds of our employees,” said Simmons, president, Elanco. “Our causes – food security and the human-animal bond – are at the heart of our culture. Our employees tell us they are inspired by seeing the greater picture of how their work contributes to the long-term improvement of others’ lives.”
Elanco’s cause-driven efforts are centered on three key areas: employee volunteerism, community and customer engagement, and global sustainable development. By 2020, Elanco’s goal are to complete 200,000 volunteer hours, ensure 100 communities are food secure, and engage in 10 global sustainable development projects. Results of our work over the last few years include:
Global employee volunteerism
- More than 75,000 employee volunteer service hours were completed by global employees in communities where they live and work.
- Approximately, 152,000 meals packed in the United States by nearly 490 employees since April 2015 for families in need.
Community and customer engagement
- Approximately 750,000 households are food secure as a result of Elanco’s 100 Communities initiative, which is working to break the cycle of hunger in 100 communities across the world by 2020.
- Elanco employees have helped socialize 11 service dogs in training to support those in need.
- Expansion of Pet Partners pet therapy teams in underserved areas in the U.S. and broadening international reach.
Global sustainable development
- About 35,605 livestock animals funded through Heifer® International resulted in food security for 89,697 families.
- More than $4 million donated to Heifer® International through the Lilly Foundation to increase global food security.
“In this first social impact report, we share our strategy, but most importantly, the impact of how we are enriching lives across the globe,” Simmons said. “We are excited to see progress against our goals, but we know that we are just getting started.”
Elanco provides comprehensive products and knowledge services to improve animal health and food-animal production in more than 70 countries around the world. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,500 employees worldwide. Together with our customers, we are committed to raising awareness about global food security, and celebrating and supporting the human-animal bond. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Eli Lilly and Company. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are located in Greenfield, Indiana. Visit us at Elanco.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/elanco-releases-first-ever-corporate-social-responsibility-impact-report-300472512.html