Hiring Plans and Challenges
In addition to the 17 percent of Atlanta CIOs planning to bring on more IT talent during the next six months, an additional 68 percent expect to maintain staff levels by filling vacant roles. An active hiring environment is contributing to a competitive market for IT talent: 66 percent of Atlanta hiring leaders said that it’s somewhat or very challenging to find skilled IT professionals in today’s market.
Factors Leading to Tech Hiring in Atlanta
When asked what factors are most contributing to local hiring, a quarter (25 percent) of respondents said that more businesses are moving to the area and creating jobs in technology. Other factors driving tech hiring in Atlanta include:
- Increased big data initiatives (31 percent)
- Increased digital marketing initiatives (21 percent)
- Increased mobile initiatives (19 percent)
Skills in Demand
According to respondents, the skills in greatest demand within their organizations include:
- Windows administration (60 percent)
- Network administration (56 percent)
- Desktop support (55 percent)
- Database management (52 percent)
- Telecommunications support (52 percent)
When asked to name their top priority for the next six months, nearly a quarter of Atlanta CIOs (23 percent) said they will be focused on maintaining security of IT systems and safeguarding company information. Other priorities will include:
- Upgrading existing systems for business efficiency (22 percent)
- Staff retention (20 percent)
- Innovation or helping grow the business (18 percent)
- Technology innovation and investing in new technologies (17 percent)
About Robert Half Technology
With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals for initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems integration to network security and technical support. Robert Half Technology offers online job search services at roberthalf.com/technology. Visitors can also request a copy of the Robert Half Technology 2017 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions.
The survey was developed by Robert Half Technology and conducted by an independent research firm. To ensure that companies from all segments were represented in the study, the sample was stratified by number of employees. Robert Half Technology has been tracking IT hiring activity in the United States since 1995.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atlanta-cios-to-boost-hiring-in-second-half-of-2017-300477925.html
SOURCE Robert Half Technology