Fare Connect combines the power of moovel’s proven mobile ticketing software with the speed and simplicity of contactless technology to make boarding convenient and simple. This remarkably flexible platform also equips transit agencies with the tools necessary to uplift their existing fare collection infrastructures to accept and validate mobile fares. Powered by moovel’s pioneering embedded software development kit , Fare Connect redirects transit agency engineering staff from burdensome software development cycles to work that grows their core business.
“OCTA is committed to delivering the very best customer experience for riders of our regional transit system. That is why we partnered with moovel to expand our use of our moovel-powered ticketing solutions to incorporate their contactless mobile fare platform,” said Bill Mao, chief information officer at OCTA. “After a very positive limited implementation of Fare Connect on OCTA buses, we are excited to deploy the platform across the entire OCTA revenue fleet this year. I am delighted to continue our close relationship with moovel and deliver the very best experience for OCTA riders.”
Key Fare Connect benefits include:
- Rapid Implementation- Remote management and simplified mounting options result in a rapid and noninvasive installation process
- Contactless Technology Integration- Works on all contactless technologies, including QR codes, Aztec barcodes, NFC and Bluetooth to capture and validate fares in real-time
- Hardware-Agnostic- Integrates with new or existing fare collection and validation systems; can be installed as a standalone solution with any hardware
- Open API Configurations & Diverse Fare & Payment Capabilities- Provides a set of licensed open APIs, barcode and NFC specifications to enable the widest range of payment methods
- Real-Time Rider Intelligence- Automatically syncs with moovel’s back-office mobile ticketing management system, TOMS, to intelligently track rider movement and dynamically calculate fares
- Premier Fraud Prevention & Data Security- Designed with in-depth visual and audio fraud prevention techniques, so operators can distinctly identify invalid tickets
“For too long, public transit agencies have had few choices for interoperable hardware and software solutions. At moovel, we believe in choice for transit administrators designing fare validation and calculation systems,” said Nat Parker, chief executive officer of moovel North America. “Fare systems must contain flexible components that allow them to evolve alongside rider preferences and technology innovation. That is why we designed Fare Connect to be hardware-agnostic, so that our clients can make the right strategic decisions for the betterment of rider experience and for the fiscal health of their organizations. We oppose proprietary technology contracts that prevent transit agencies from embracing positive innovation and compatibility between technology vendors.”
moovel is providing live demonstrations of Fare Connect at the 2017 UITP Global Public Transport Summit; moovel’s UITP booth is located on level 2, #2D103.
moovel N.A. LLC, a part of moovel Group GmbH, enables seamless multi-modal experiences and connected transit commerce through mobile applications. moovel is the leading North American provider of mobile ticketing applications that allow riders to book and pay for public transit tickets via their smartphone. This makes moovel N.A. the leading provider of mobile ticketing technology for U.S.-based transit apps. Led by CEO Nat Parker, moovel is headquartered in Portland, OR. For more information, please visit https://www.moovel-transit.com/en.
moovel Group GmbH
moovel Group GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler AG, is working on simplifying mobility and making cities smarter. moovel is creating an Operating System for urban mobility, that offers access to several mobility services, paving the way toward a future with autonomous cars. moovel partners with cities, transit authorities and agencies, as well as direct end users. In Germany, moovel’s mobility app combines local public transport with carsharing provider car2go, mytaxi, rental bicycles and Deutsche Bahn. Most services can be booked and paid for directly via the moovel app. With its product portfolio moovel transit, moovel Group delivers white label solutions to transit authorities and agencies worldwide. In the U.S., moovel North America is the market leader in mobile ticketing solutions for transit agencies. For more information, please visit www.moovel-group.com.
Thea Lavin, moovel North America
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/at-uitp-moovel-launches-fare-connect-a-mobile-contactless-fare-platform-designed-to-revolutionize-the-transportation-industry-300457039.html
SOURCE moovel North America